Calling the Philippines is easy! But, before you make your call consider these questions. How much do you want to spend on phone calls? What are some common words that will help me communicate with family and friends in the Philippines? Do I need an international cell phone plan or can I use my current US one? Are there any additional costs if I am calling from a different country besides the USA? Read more about How to Call Philippines From US: A Comprehensive Guide here.
Calling Philippines From United States
- The first thing you need to do is find out the country code for the Philippines, which is 63. You will also need to know the area code for the city or region you are calling. Once you have these two pieces of information, simply dial 00 followed by the country code and then the phone number (including area code).
- If you are using a cell phone from within the United States and want to call someone in the Philippines, it’s best to add 01137 before the phone number. This will ensure that your call goes through instead of being blocked or going straight to voicemail.
- If you’re traveling outside of the US and want to make a call back home, remember that there may be an added cost to do so. Check with your cell phone carrier to see if they offer international calling plans and what the rates are.
- There are a lot of great resources out there for learning common phrases in Tagalog, the predominant language spoken in the Philippines. Here are a few that we recommend: WordReference, Google Translate, and Forvo. With a little bit of practice you’ll be able to communicate like a pro!
Direct Dialing Numbers to the Philippines
If you would rather not use the 00 prefix or if you are calling from a landline in the US, here are some direct dialing numbers to the Philippines:
- AT&T Direct Dialing: 01149
- Verizon Direct Dialing: 01130
- T-Mobile Direct Dialing: 0114
- Sprint Direct Dialing: 01171
How to call a mobile number in Philippines from United States
If you are trying to call a mobile phone in the Philippines from the US, you will need to use the following dialing sequence:
+63 (country code) (area code) xxx-xxxx. So, for example, if you wanted to call a mobile number in Manila that starts with 0917, you would dial: +63 (0917) xxx-xxxx.
Note that there may be an added cost to calling a mobile number in the Philippines from outside of the country. Check with your cell phone carrier for more information.
Philippines – Emergency Numbers
If you are trying to get in touch with local emergency services, these numbers will help:
- Emergency Services: 911
- Ambulance Service: 117
- Fire Department/Patrol: 171
- Police Station (General): 156 or 100
- Traffic Violation Info Line: 136
- Tourism Crisis Hotline – Presidential Commission on Good Government (PCGG): (+63) 02-877-1918
- Tourism Crisis Hotline – Philippine National Red Cross Society’s Western Visayas Chapter : (+63) 34 419 6525.
Remember, if you ever find yourself in a difficult or emergency situation while traveling in the Philippines, don’t hesitate to reach out for help! The locals are usually very friendly and willing to assist tourists in any way they can.
When to call Philippines from United States
The best time to call the Philippines from the United States is during their regular business hours, which are Monday through Friday from 07:00am to 08:00pm PST. Keep in mind that there may be a difference in time zones between the two countries, so it’s always a good idea to do a quick Google search or check an online converter to make sure you’re calling at the correct time.
Calling the Philippines is easy! Just make sure you have the correct country and area codes and follow our simple guide above. We hope this article has been helpful and provided all of the information you need on how to call the Philippines from US! If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below. Salamat! (Thank you!)